42 Days Until Graduation

The last full month of high school commences with a full swing

photo via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons License

Graduation is upon us

42 days until June 11, 2015. For the majority of the El Modena student bodies that means one thing: summer vacation. For seniors, June 11 means four years of hard work and long hours of college applications has finally paid off: graduation.

It is hard to believe that graduation is right around the corner. This is about the time it really starts to hit seniors that this is their last full month as a high school student. Although the majority of the senior class is excited to leave these halls and start a new chapter in their life, for some it is a time of sorrow as high school really does come to an end.

Before seniors would dream of the day and now, seemingly out of nowhere, the day has come. Although tears will be shed as classmates part ways and begin the next chapter of their life (whether that is university, community college, work, etc), it will truly be a beautiful Thursday morning when seniors finally receive that diploma and hold in their hand four years of hard work.

Whether you are dreading the day or the anticipation is killing you, make sure you enjoy the last full month of high school. For those who are mourning the end, remember that this is only the beginning. If you believe high school will be the best time of your life, then you are doing something wrong. Once that diploma is in our hand, the class of 2015 will be free to choose your future and that is the scariest yet most rewarding thing about starting this new chapter in life.