No Sour Feelings At This Homecoming Dance

A night filled with dancing and sweet sweet memories

El Modena’s homecoming dance was on September 10, 2022 with the sweet theme, Candyland. Students were able to dance all night and take photos with their friends to have memories forever. It was so exciting to see everyone dressed up and enjoying their time together.

The outside area of the gym was decorated vibrantly to highlight the theme and make everyone feel like they were walking into a world of candy. Students were able to enjoy the assortment of sweets and drinks provided outside as well. Being able to take a breather outside after all that dancing was very helpful. 

The DJ made great choices with the music that was playing with song choices such as “Thotiana,” by Blue Face, “Big Bank,”  by YG, and “Leave The Door Open,” by Silk Sonic. Many students got to make song requests as well which made for an even more enjoyable experience.

A total of 600 Vanguards attended the dance, making the dance feel truly like you are a part of the Vanguard Nation. There was never a dull moment as everyone was able to interact with each other and enjoy a night with friends. 

Esteban Chouchair was crowned Homecoming King and enjoyed a dance with Homecoming Queen Marissa Sanchez. Both won after being voted for by the students, and both of their crowns were very well deserved. 

Homecoming brought so many students together to fully involve themselves with their peers and have a fun night filled with dancing and memories. Events like this at El Modena really prove how important it is to be a part of your school community. This fun-filled night will be one for the Vanguards to remember forever!