Wishes Do Come True

ASB Wish Fairies Spread Holiday Cheer by Granting Students’ Wishes at the Wish Fairy Assembly

Every year, as students prepare for winter break, Santa’s elves are busy in the North Pole making toys for children around the world. At El Modena, we don’t have to wait for elves. With the wave of their wands and a flutter of their wings, ASB’s Wish Fairies granted gift requests and surprised nearly fifty students with presents at the Wish Fairy Assembly.

To keep their friends warm and cozy for the holiday season, some students wished for their friends to receive stuffed animals and warm clothes: Sylvia Jones received a stuffed bear, Brayden Bonnell received a Fortnite hoodie, and Jaden Kawasaki got a crewneck sweatshirt.

Others received stylish accessories. Bryan Herrera got a Pro Club white tee, Jose Perez Gonzalez received a pair of black Dickies pants, and Claire Timmermans was gifted Vans hightops.

Some students and teachers got their favorite drinks and treats to ring in the sweetness of winter. Ben Astor got Airhead Extreme Bites, Destiny Perez got a pack of candy canes, Ashley Bautista received an assortment of candy, and Ms. Mirise got a pack of herbal teas.

Finally, there were gifts that symbolically represented friendships. Leilani Pongco received two pictures of country music artist Blake Shelton, Karina Serrato got a jar of Vlasic pickles, Adrian Ruiz-Cervantes got new skateboard grip tape, Isabel Martinez got crystals, and Joshua Barajas received wrist straps.

Everyone deserves a wish this holiday season, and the Wish Fairies just might have granted some of those wishes. The Wish Fairies proved that no matter what situation a student is in, El Modena will spread joy by ensuring that wishes really can come true.