Filed under Focus

El Mo Veggie Club

You don’t have to be vegan or vegetarian to join this veggie club

El Modena’s Veggie Club was created this year by president Audrey Houl and vice president Suzanne Hooker. The main purpose of this club is to unite vegetarians and meat-eaters alike to enjoy plant-based meals. The club hopes to spread the message that going vegan or vegetarian, or even just substituting meat for a plant-based meal every once in a while, is a more sustainable and eco-friendly way of life.

Hooker shares, “In Veggie Club we’re basically advocating for a veggie-based diet, but at the same time we’re not pressuring anyone to be vegan or vegetarian.”

So far, the club has had two meetings, one at Veggie Grill and the other at Hug-Life. The meetings are a casual, fun way to try new foods and lifestyles with like-minded individuals.

Veggie club is a great opportunity for one to explore different types of food and strive toward living with a reduced ecological footprint. Sign up for the Remind by texting @elmove to 810-10 or adding the same code via the Remind app. Also, follow the club on Instagram @elmovegclub to stay updated on all club meetings and events.