Filed under Sports

Color Guard’s Brand New Season

Last fall, El Modena’s color guard team had an extremely successful season where they placed second overall . After the end of their season, both color guard and bands took a break while they waited for the beginning of their next winter season. Now, as color guard and band’s winter season nears, they have began to get ready and prepare for such.

According to junior Emily Mai, color guard has spent the last few weeks spending hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays practicing and going over choreography and performances. Mai also mentions how the color guard team comes up with new dances as well as perfecting their old ones during these practices.

Now that the new season is finally approaching, color guard are finally able to compete in their first competition on February 2nd . Their first competition of the season is this Saturday El Modena band and color guard will be competing at South Hills High School in West Covina. Considering their copious amounts of practice and hard work, color guard is likely to have another successful season.