Filed under Sports

Basket Against The Buzzer

Elmo vs Norwalk

On November 29, 2018, El Mo’s boys’ basketball team played their third season game against Norwalk at home. Garret Witteveen, a senior on the team, shares the ups and downs of yesterday’s game, “Our best strength was pushing and transition, like moving fast.” At the last quarter, El Mo and Norwalk challenged each other, pushing both teams to want the win. Witteveen played in the last seconds of the game and said, “In the last 3 seconds, I got a block on someone and then they got the rebound shot, they missed and then the buzzer went off and he shot it, then the refs just left right after that, not giving us time to argue the shot, so we lost by 2 points on a shot that I don’t think should have counted.” The ending score was Norwalk with a 48 and El Mo with 46. The players knew what they need to improve on, such as controlling their aggressiveness on the court and go at their own pace.

The next game for the boys is December 4th against Loara High at Loara. Be there and support the boys at 6pm!