AP Literature at The Getty Museum

Mrs. Mull organized a field trip to The Getty Museum for AP Literature students to gain cultural enrichment through art

One hundred and twenty AP Literature students alongside Mrs. Mull (bottom left) on the lawn of The Getty Museum (Photo Courtesy of Mrs. Rivera).

Organizing a field trip to The Getty Museum in Los Angeles for a hundred and twenty AP Literature students is an overwhelming task, though taken on by Mrs. Mull with aspirations for her students to gain cultural enrichment through art.

On February 28, 2018, students alongside parent and teacher chaperons, Mrs. Lissner, Mrs. Peters, and Mrs. Rivera, filled up two school buses and embarked on the 405 towards Los Angles.

Arriving around lunch time, students sat on the lawn and wooden tables as they satisfied their hunger in preparations for the long day of viewing some of the world’s finest art. Meals ended and the Vanguards proceeded to the tram, finally entering the museum.

Students separated into groups of fifteen and self-toured the four main museum buildings and two gardens. Taking photos for Instagram and creating fond memories proved the field trip as a great way to enhance cultural knowledge and spend time with peers before graduation in a short three months.