2-4-6-8, Who Do We Appreciate? Gabby Perez

Take a look into Gabby Perez’s dedication to her sport, cheerleading

Sophomore Gabby Perez is the definition of committed to her sport. She is on the varsity cheer team at El Modena, the El Modena competition team, and on an all-star cheer team at Cheer Force, called Black Widow.
She has been doing cheer for the last two years, and also has a gymnastics background. Perez says the reason she made the switch was because she, “wanted to try something new.”
Perez made it on the varsity cheer and the competition team as a freshman. She is a main base, whose job is to hold and support the flyer while in a stunt.
While on the competition cheer team, she has contributed to helping the team win many awards, such as the 2017 State Championship, Best of the West Champions two years in a row, CheerPros Champions two consecutive years, and Holiday Classic Champions.
When asked the difference between the El Modena teams and her all-star team, she also includes “…my all star team is more competitive and our difficulty in stunts and tumbling are higher level.”

Perez posing during her El Modena competition cheer routine

Perez says her favorite part about cheer is tumbling. She plans on doing cheer all throughout high school, so one can expect to see more of her amazing skills in upcoming years.