• February 6EMTV Episode 3 rocks El Modena, watch below

• February 66.4 earthquake kills 2 in Taiwan, 200 missing

• February 5Dow Jones drops 1,000 points

The Last Dance

Gathering for their last hurrah

Ilaise Tamotuu

Staff Writer

With the new year approaching, seniors are looking towards their last formal dances, Winter Formal and Prom. Everyone sees the final product, but there is plenty of behind the scenes actions that creates the magic.

Senior Hannah Habibi, president of Women’s League, is our leading woman who gives her all to give the experience of a lifetime, especially to those who will soon venture out into the “real world.” Winter formal is one the nights where “… we can be free and not worry about college,” one senior says. Winter formal will be on February 3rd.

Prom, being held at the Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach on May 19th, like Winter Formal is a group effort, but another young woman steps up to the plate. Junior Kenna Torres, and Junior Class President admits that, although it is satisfying to see the final product, “the most difficult thing is trying to make it unique and special for the seniors knowing it’s one of their last high school memories.”

Both of these young women have shown their dedication to planning Winter formal and Prom, now we patiently await the final hurrahs.