• February 6EMTV Episode 3 rocks El Modena, watch below

• February 66.4 earthquake kills 2 in Taiwan, 200 missing

• February 5Dow Jones drops 1,000 points

Friendly Feline

Sandra Anderson discusses her hobby of being a pet foster

Ilaise Tamotuu

Staff Writer

Sandra Anderson, a junior who participates in Chamber Singers and is involved with many clubs on campus, also has a secret hobby. But, the cat is out of the bag. Anderson spends her free time fostering and caring for stray cats.

When asked why she took up the role of being a cat foster she responded: “Ever since I was little, I’ve had a passion for helping animals in need.”

With the obvious expenses and time that is put into caring for her eleven cats, there certainly are struggles. Those struggles being “since there are so many of them, it’s hard to keep the house clean. And many of my friends can’t come over because they are allergic to cats.”

Anderson has “started fostering cats unofficially since second grade, but officially about six months ago.” She is involved with an organization called Meow Rescue and to become a foster, she explains, “you must attend an adoption event with the organization where you are introduced to the cats and informed of the procedures and paperwork needed to join.”

Anderson has been humble with her job of being a mother to eleven of her cat children and does an amazing job with giving them a home.