Looking Forward to Lacrosse

El Modena’s Lacrosse teams anticipate their new sport in the new year

Ilaise Tamotuu

Staff Writer

With the year coming to an end, the new Lacrosse sports teams inch further to their much anticipated season. Both the boys and girls Lacrosse teams expressed their optimism and concern for the upcoming season.

Junior Bella Reyes, apart of the girls Lacrosse team, comments that “our coach is great and I think we’ll do good” but is skeptical because of it being new to everyone on the team. Junior Citlalli Gutierrez, also a part of the team, comments that “our already great bond with one another has really made the team that much more focused.”

The objective of the game would seem easy: Get the ball into the goal, but it’s not that perfect. The more difficult aspect of the sport would be, as Reyes puts it, “The conditioning of the team.”

The boy’s Lacrosse team seems to have mutual feelings as Senior Dylan Zamora shows his optimism saying “I feel like we’ll do pretty good considering that it’s a new sport in the Western area. And with our coaching staff, I’m pretty sure we’ll do great this season.”

Zamora feels that the team’s strengths are that their “offense and goalie are set, but (they) need to work on defense as well as passing the ball.” He also states that “it’s pretty easy, you just have to put the work in,” so all you students that are on the fence about it, try it and see if it fits.

Both teams show both skepticism and optimism when looking forward to their season, but it is clear they have placed their trust into the girl’s coach, Coach Murphy, and the boy’s coach, Coach Hunter, as well as their assistant coaches, Coach Wada and Coach Ray.