Sophomore Scores Spotlight

Sophomore Cassie Lewis shares her perspective on all things soccer

Sophomore Cassie Lewis is a continuous starter as well as an influential player and key asset to the El Modena girls varsity soccer team.

Lewis has been playing soccer since age five, as this sport is not uncommon in her family, considering her brother and sister have both played, and her father who she states is her inspiration. Lewis currently plays attacking center midfielder, and regularly scores goals for the team.

Considering her young age, she explains that at first she felt immense pressure because, “The stakes were so high from the year before,” but now she doesn’t feel as much.

Her current goals include continuing to improve, helping the team place in league, and making it to CIF. As for the future, Lewis contains hope to go to college and continue to play there.

She expresses her favorite parts about the sport are, “The competitiveness of the game and the friends you make.” And the hardest part for Lewis is the constant running, however, she explains that “It forces you to stay in shape.”

Lewis says soccer keeps her busy, but when she isn’t on the field she is doing homework, baking, or going to speed training.

Aside from soccer, on campus, Lewis was involved in last year’s spirit week and plans to be involved in this year’s. She also stays in shape by being a part of El Modena’s track team.