Brayden Metoyer advancing onto Round 2 of CIF

Brayden Metoyer will be the only runner to represent El Modena cross country in CIF Finals

November 15, 2017

Senior, Brayden Metoyer has earned his spot in CIF Finals cross country. Metoyer qualified for Finals last week in the Division II preliminary, however, CIF Finals will incorporate qualified runners from Division I, Division II, and Division III. Metoyer is currently dealing with pressured nerves as a result of tight muscles, however he is planning to compete this Saturday, November 18 at the Riverside City Cross Country Course at 10:05am. If Metoyer places in the top 15 out of over 100 runners, he will advance to the State Finals.

Frontline: How long have you been competitively running?

Brayden Metoyer: “In Foundation Games in eighth grade, I kept moving on and ending up going to the state meet, that mixed in with freshmen year cross country.”

FL: Do you truly enjoy running?

BM: “I do because I’m hoping it will help me in college, and I don’t because it’s a lot of pain, a lot of mileage, it’s hard on my body.”

FL: Do you hope to run in college and have colleges contacted you?

BM: “Some colleges have sent me letters, Nova Southeastern University In Florida has expressed interest.”

FL: Is there a common misconception about runners?

BM: “Not everyone loves running, some people just do it to stay in shape, some do it because they are good at it.”

FL: With your big race this upcoming weekend, how have you been preparing?

BM: “I am trying to eat better and I’m injured right now, my muscles are super tight so it’s putting pressure on my nerves which makes it hard to run, I can feel it every time I step.” 

FL: Do you have a race plan?

BM: “I usually just go out and get comfortable in the front group, from there I can pass other people and that gives me confidence.”

FL: What does it mean to be in this one final big meet, especially being a senior?

BM: “It means a lot, it might be my last race but I’m hoping it won’t be.”

Frontline • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in