Multilingual Mrs. Davis

Spanish teacher Mrs. Davis’ multilingualism and super strength

First year El Modena teacher, Mrs. Lauren Davis is fluent in English and Spanish, and has extensive knowledge in French, Italian, and Arabic. Mrs. Davis teaches Spanish I and assists the girls basketball team as the strength and conditioning coach.

Mrs. Davis is an undergraduate of University of Virginia, and she holds a Masters degree in education from Harvard University. Her knowledge in language has allowed her to teach Spanish in Denver, Boston, and Orange, as well as English in Spain.

She began to learn her favorite language, Spanish, at the age of seven in elementary school.

She carried her Spanish knowledge to college, where she also studied Arabic and learned Italian and French in her travels abroad to Italy and France. Mrs. Davis would still aspires to learn German, “ It’s just so much fun to say out loud. Best friend translates to beste freunde, it’s just so awesome.”

Mrs. Davis credits language as the gateway to embracing worldwide cultures, “Go to a show, go to a restaurant, immerse yourself in another culture for a few hours, and you’ll be amazed at what you learn.”

After training in Crossfit, powerlifting for the past five years, and previously holding women’s bench press and deadlift records in Colorado, she is hoping to use her experience to strengthen the girls basketball program.

Frontline • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in