• November 12El Modena Football wins in Round 1 game of CIF

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

• November 526 people dead in church shooting in Texas

• November 2Dodgers lose World Series in Game 7

Filed under Feature, Sports

Think you know Kliner?

The El Modena Baseball Coach opens up about his illustrious past

All American, pro athlete and player manager, are only a few of the accomplishments in the baseball career of El Modena teacher and coach Mr. Josh Kliner. Before he made his way to El Modena, Kliner’s journey started in Buena Park, to where he says, “The single greatest thing that ever happened to me on a field”
The year was 1994 and Kliner was attending Cypress College when his team was able to clinch the state title. “It meant more to me than any personal accolade ever could.”
A big statement considering two years later KIiner won All-American honors for playing second base at Kansas. “It was amazing, I had no idea people noticed what I was doing on the field, I still remember getting the phone call”
After college, Kliner signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks organization and played Bakersfield, and played in the French league as well.
On his professional career Kliner said, “It was really fun when you’re young and don’t have many responsibilities, the long bus rides were hard, but you became closer as a team with the camaraderie that went on.
Kliner’s experiences have got him to where he is today and made him better at what he does. “Working under so many coaches, you learn what styles you play best under, and what styles can get you through the tough times. It’s helped me become a better father and person to this day.”