• November 12El Modena Football wins in Round 1 game of CIF

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

• November 526 people dead in church shooting in Texas

• November 2Dodgers lose World Series in Game 7

Filed under Feature

Soap by Spence

An El Mo Senior makes his way by operating his own car detailing service

Working while attending high school certainly isn’t unique or uncommon, but when you’re self-employed like senior Spencer DeMont, it can take on an entirely new challenge. DeMont runs an auto detail business out of the back of his car, and over the last year it has grown from cleaning and detailing the cars of close friends to teachers and even strangers.

It all started a little more than a year ago when DeMont started driving, “My friends noticed how clean I kept my car and wanted to know if I could do that for them.” From there, Soap Detailing took off.

But with so many detailing options available, what sets Soap Detailing apart? In short, passion and price. An average detail takes multiple hours and includes everything from a clay bar treatment to an interior deep clean, a wheel shine, and even a foam cannon (which is as cool as it sounds).

Along with the, “Meticulous attention to detail,” is the extremely competitive price. For the same treatment almost anywhere else, one can expect to pay almost half the price wit DeMont

As for what he’s going to do with his income, DeMont plans on adding to his car, buying better supplies for his company, and investing. However, he’s not all business, and plans on expanding his ever evolving watch collection.