• November 12El Modena Football wins in Round 1 game of CIF

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

• November 526 people dead in church shooting in Texas

• November 2Dodgers lose World Series in Game 7

Filed under Sports

From CIF to the Future

Seniors Alyssa Barraza and Anna Clinton weigh in on the upcoming 2017-18 soccer season

The upcoming winter season, will be a tough challenge for the girls’ soccer program this year. Last year, almost the entire team were graduating seniors, which was extremely helpful to the team.
Many of these seniors had extraordinary talents El Modena hadn’t seen before, and when they all came together they proved to be unquestionably strong.
The team not only won league, but went to CIF. As talented and cohesive as the team was, they unfortunately lost in the second round after a hard fought game.
In response to the question, asking the chances to reclaim past titles from last year again this year, Alyssa Barraza and Anna Clinton, believe the team can win league and make it to CIF.
Clinton states, “I think we will all work well together because we all get along really easily.”
While Barraza believes all the games will be competitive, Clinton shares, “I think El Dorado will be the hardest game because they usually have a really good team.”
This season will be filled with many challenges, but the team is ready for anything to be thrown their way.