• November 12El Modena Football wins in Round 1 game of CIF

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

• November 526 people dead in church shooting in Texas

• November 2Dodgers lose World Series in Game 7

Helping Hands of Homecoming

An interview with some of the helping hands of Homecoming

Homecoming is one of the most fun dances of every year. This year’s homecoming, “A Night in Italy,” brought excitement to most El Mo students, but hard work for ASB. Sophomore Class President, Anna Smith, Troy Nishimoto, one of the three special event commissioners, and tech commissioner Alessandra Spadaro share insight about the preparation of Homecoming.

Frontline: How do you think Homecoming went?

Anna Smith: “I think Homecoming went very well. There were so many kids there and the theme was a lot of fun. Although the music was a bit nutty, it was a lot of fun.”

Troy Nishimoto: “I think it went really good, I saw a lot of people!

Alessandra Spadaro: “ I think it was one of the best decorated and accessorized homecoming I’ve been too. It was a very fun memorable night as usual and I was happy with how many people were there dancing and having a good time.”

FL: What was your favorite part about preparing for Homecoming with ASB?

AS: “My favorite part was painting the posters, everyone in ASB was so creative and in the end everything turned out so nicely.”

TN: “Definitely talk to come up with the theme and booking the DJ.”

AS: “ My favorite part about getting ready for the dance with ASB is spending the whole assembly day/ game day with them and just being able to mess around with each other while still planning and trying to make everything the best for the rest of the school.”

FL: Lastly, if you got a chance to redo this homecoming, what would you have changed/done better?

AS: “ I think we could’ve communicated with each other a little more. At the assembly, everything was kind of hectic, but in the end everyone came through and it looked great.”

TN: “Maybe add some air conditioning.”

AS: “I would have tried to make the Fred Kelly assembly more organized and our skit a little more all together.”

With Homecoming being a major event that most love to go to, ASB did not disappoint. Homecoming would not have been as memorable and magical without the help from ASB.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Helping Hands of Homecoming”

1. Ashley Ramynke on October 17th, 2017 11:58 am

It’s really cool that you gave recognition to the hardworking members of ASB that put on a fabulous homecoming!

[Reply]

2. grace oveson on October 17th, 2017 11:59 am

Cool articles, love hearing multiple opinions!

[Reply]

3. Scarlett on October 17th, 2017 11:59 am

Good job Abby! Homecoming was great thanks to ASB

[Reply]

*

Helping Hands of Homecoming