• December 8State of Emergency declared in California as 6 fires rage on

• November 21Trump administration places sanctions on North Korea

• November 19UCLA football coach, Jim Mora, fired... on his birthday

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

The Amazing Alan Abramovitz

Sophomore Alan Abramovitz is one of El Modena’s best water polo keeper

Alan Abramovitz is varsity water polo’s new goalkeeper. He began playing polo last year being a part of the Junior Varsity team and this year bumped up to varsity.

Despite being a very skilled goalkeeper, this position was not Abramovitz’s first choice when he began paying water polo. He believed he would be a field player but his coaches experiment with him as goalkeeper, and the rest is history.

In which, Abramovitz proved to have a natural skill of blocking the ball and hopes to continue being goalkeeper for the continuation of his high school career.

Out of his varsity team, Abramovitz claims to also look up to Senior and Captain Michelangelo Gutierrez. This love for water polo has prompted him to think about

Abramovitz decided to play water polo when a friend of his asked if he wanted to join. At first, he didn’t even know what water polo was up until it was described it to him as ‘soccer in the water’ and this description was enough to convince him to try out.

Abramovitz enjoys water polo, and believes that it’s very rewarding in its own way. He believes, “The best part about being on the team is getting to work together and improve together. We honestly get better every single day.”