Filed under Style

Ghoulish Getups

Each Halloween brings new costumes that enter the mainstream

This Halloween, there will be many new costumes, in addition to basic ones, such as the overused costumes of a black cat and a football player. These popular costumes are commonly inspired by movies and pop culture icons.

With the influx of Marvel and DC movies, many costumes possibly will be inspired by new superheros and supervillians. Since “Wonder Woman” came out on March 25, 2017, we can expect to see many people dressed like this iconic female superhero. Many other superhero movies such as the upcoming “Justice League” film and “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2,” will also ignite costume inspiration.

“It,” the blockbuster about a menacing clown Pennywise, will also majorly influence spooky clown costumes.

Eleven from the Netflix original “Stranger Things” may also be a very popular costume choice this year, because of the popularity of the Sci-Fi series and the release of the second season on Halloween, or October 31, 2017.

Unicorns have also been major in fashion this year, and we may see more of these sparkly, rainbow creatures on Halloween.

Photo via Clipart Library
Each year, new costumes are introduced and take on the world by storm. Leading what was popular last year, to may not be what is popular this year.