Leadership Found Through CTP

CTP leadership positions were given to the juniors and seniors who demonstrated a drive to create a strong community within the program and the overall El Modena campus

The official CTP logo.

The official CTP logo.

CTP, or the Collaborative Technology Program, recently established leadership positions for the 2017-2018 school year, that provide juniors and seniors with a platform to create a strong and driven community within the program and around the El Modena campus.

The leadership positions were awarded to students who went through the application process and evaluation of their leadership skills from the watchful eye of CTP teachers Mrs. Greenlee, Mr. Franco, and Mr. Miles.

The junior leadership team includes: Vanessa Carroll as president, Jasmin Alvarez as vice president, Jessica Romero and Zuheit Mino as treasurers, Claire Gonzalez as historian, Amanda Paloma and Jillian Patterson as event planners, Cameron Stephen and Naomi Spargur as event setup crew, Maliyah Hernandez, Tianna Fields, Miguel Gonzalez, and Noah Echegaray as event greeters, and Kyleigh Arvelo and Kimberly Benigno as event clean-up crew.

The senior leadership team includes: Brianna Solis as president, Ernesto Orozco as vice president, Raul Hernandez as treasurer, Johnathan Marshall and Olivia Torok as historians, Claudia Garcia and Anahi Ferrer as event planners, Amberly Rodela and Christian Torres as event setup crew, Cassie Yambao, Diana Juarez, Lupita Gomez, and Andrea Martinez as event greeters, and Jazzy Flores as event clean-up.  

Since the announcement of the leadership positions, presidents Solis and Carroll have been navigating through planning and prepping for CTP events for the continuation of the school year. Solis emphasizes that, “A great leader in CTP is expected to be open to others ideas, take action to make the ideas happen, and have fun,” and Carroll likewise,“To communicate and listen well!” Events coming up include a Halloween-themed movie night on October 31, 2017, and a night of roller skating at Holiday Skate Center. The date for the roller skating event is to be announced, and both events are open to the whole school.

Those in leadership positions urge students to join CTP, in that you gain skills necessary for the work force while sparking community within El Modena. Therefore, be on the lookout for CTP applications and events.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Leadership Found Through CTP”

1. Jenny Hamburg on October 9th, 2017 11:53 am

Great article Ashley, great seeing all the new leadership.

[Reply]

2. Wyatt Terlaak on October 9th, 2017 11:54 am

it’s neat that you used so many names of people because everyone likes to see their names in writing.

[Reply]

3. Ilaise on October 9th, 2017 11:55 am

The article is well written and informative. Great recognition of all those involved. Keep up the good work.

[Reply]

*

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Audio

Marteen is heating up with his new single, “Sriracha”

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Is IOS 11 Wreaking Havoc?

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Canyon Fire 2

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Epic Proportions Tour 2017

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Focus

Berkeley Free Speech Week

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Humans of El Modena (HOEM)

First Stop Spotify, Next Stop: The World

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Humans of El Modena (HOEM)

Win with Nguyen

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Nicholas Tucker: NMSQT Semifinalist

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Editor's Picks

Into the Great Wide Opening

• Leadership Found Through CTP

Replacing the Hallways with Runways

Leadership Found Through CTP