Filed under El Mo News, Media&Arts

Fall Festival Fun to Come

Come to the Nature Center on October 27th to support El Modena’s art program.

During the 2016-2017 school year, El Modena had their first Fall Festival of the Arts in the nature center. This festival features work from art, dance, drama, band, ceramics, and choir classes.

The drama program is scheduled to perform scenes from “Shuddersome: Tales of Poe” and have some spooky zombies prowling around.

The Vanguard Dance Company and Vizion Crew is planning to perform a broadway themed dance to the song, “Another Day of Sun,” from the film “La La Land.”  

Advanced art classes will be making masks out of various materials and themes, that will be displayed alongside jack-o-lanterns made by the ceramic classes.

Choir will be singing “Earth Song,” “La Llorona,” and “This House is Haunted.”

Last, yet never least, band will be performing a wonderful array of music featuring; “Thriller,” “In the Hall of the Mountain King,” “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,” “Dance Mac Cabre,” and “Night on Bald Mountain.”

The Nature Center will be holding its second annual Fall Festival of the Arts starting first period and ending fourth period. Teachers will take their students during class to enjoy the festival. If your teacher decides not to attend the festival during the school day, the festival reopens at 4:00pm.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Fall Festival Fun to Come”

1. Scarlet Edwards on October 9th, 2017 11:53 am

How informational! I’m looking forward to attending the fall festival.

[Reply]

2. grace oveson on October 9th, 2017 11:55 am

Sounds like a lot of fun!

[Reply]

3. Ilaise on October 9th, 2017 11:56 am

Really informative and well written. Can’t wait for the event, definitely will be out there to support.

[Reply]

4. Alyssa Tierney on October 17th, 2017 11:59 am

The fall festival is so fun! I’m so excited that it is happening again this year.

[Reply]

5. Ashley Ramynke on October 17th, 2017 12:01 pm

It’s really cool to hear about all the work the arts classes are doing to put on a great fall festival!

[Reply]

*

Fall Festival Fun to Come