Justis Pearce is Captain of Smurfkids and Kingsman All Male

Sophomore Justis Pearce’s bold and hard-hitting hip hop style led him to become captain of dance crews Smurfkids and Kingsman All Male

Pearce alongside fellow members of Kingsman All Male after a performance at the San Clemente Fair on on August 13, 2017 (Photo via @smurfkidstustin on Instagram).

Former Vizion Crew member, sophomore Justis Pearce, takes his signature hard-hitting hip hop style to Orange County based dance crews Smurfkids and Kingman All male. The crews under the supervision of Erik Sandavol compete and train all over California.

Pearce became the captain of these dance crews based on his advanced ability to comprehend all forms of hip hop dancing, and aspirations to push himself and his fellow dancers to become the hip hop crew around. Some fellow dancer of the dance crews include juniors Kate Ayala and Mia Vasquez, and El Modena alumni Francisco Flores and Christian Bernard.

Frontline: How did you begin your involvement with Smurf Kids and Kingsman All Male?

Justis Pearce: I started with Smurfkids after I had saw them perform at Orange High School, and I instantly knew that’s where I had to be.

FL: When did you begin dancing? Do you primarily train in hip hop?

JP: I started dancing in third grade, and although I have tried other style, I have always stuck with hip hop.

FL: How does your choreographer, Erik Sandavol, help your knowledge of hip hop dance?

JP: When I had first joined, I had only just begun to scratch the surface of this entire community of dance. Through Sandavol taking us to showcases and performances we get to meet other dancers, and learn more about everything from history of dance to how things are run.

FL: What does Smurfkids and Kingman All Male do?

JP: Smurfkids and Kingsman All Male essentially compete against other hip hop teams mainly in the high school division, although Smurfkids consist of many kids who are younger. Kingsman All Male consists of high school boys who will compete in the all male division against high school teams.

FL: As captain of Smurfkids and Kingsman All Male, how do you motivate your fellow dancers?

JP: As captain, I give little pep talks at competition and make sure my teammates are all getting the moves.

FL: What are your tips for having such a bold stage presence?

JP:  Just don’t be nervous and have fun while you’re up there!

FL: Where do you see dancing taking you?

JP: I can see myself continuing dance for while after high school, whether it’s joining a college team or starting my own team.

On Saturday November 19, 2017, come support Kingsman while they compete at Monrovia High School.

1 Comment

One Response to “Justis Pearce is Captain of Smurfkids and Kingsman All Male”

1. JL on October 13th, 2017 2:02 pm

Yeah!!

[Reply]

*

• Justis Pearce is Captain of Smurfkids and Kingsman All Male

Audio

Marteen is heating up with his new single, “Sriracha”

Is IOS 11 Wreaking Havoc?

Canyon Fire 2

Epic Proportions Tour 2017

Focus

Berkeley Free Speech Week

Humans of El Modena (HOEM)

First Stop Spotify, Next Stop: The World

Humans of El Modena (HOEM)

Win with Nguyen

Nicholas Tucker: NMSQT Semifinalist

Leadership Found Through CTP

Editor's Picks

Into the Great Wide Opening