The Pathway to Hospitality

El Modena introduces hospitality and hotel management classes taught by Mr. Fregoso as part of the Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation Pathway

The Hospitality Pathway introduces students to valuable career skills.

As an initiative to integrate 21st century career skills into high school curriculum, El Modena launched hospitality and hotel management classes for the 2017-2018 school year. Under the direction of Mr. Fregoso, students will learn about, “the diverse and exciting opportunities available in the hospitality field. They begin with a career focus course based on educating students on these opportunities, while fostering possible interest in career planning. Later, in the pathway, more in-depth knowledge of the industry is explored, as well as career preparation.”

Within this pathway, students will learn how hospitality and hotel management translate too, “valuable career skills (human interaction, customer service, business and marketing skills, and teamwork) to [help students] grow and succeed in their chosen fields. These skills can aid people in careers ranging from the legal field to engineering and technology.”

For those with interest in the field of hospitality and hotel management, Mr. Fregoso makes it his mission, “to work very closely with these students to help guide them through a career path I have been very familiar with for over twenty years.”