• December 8State of Emergency declared in California as 6 fires rage on

• November 21Trump administration places sanctions on North Korea

• November 19UCLA football coach, Jim Mora, fired... on his birthday

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

ASB in Action

El Mo ASB shares upcoming plans for the rest of the week.

Anna Smith
Group picture of ASB after a successful Hello Assembly

El Mo’s ASB is very helpful in event planning and school spirit. Everyone in ASB has extreme responsibility and helps the campus run smoothly. ASB plays a big part in representing the student body, and planning many fun things for us students to enjoy. There are many upcoming events that ASB has planned for us.

The first event that ASB is promoting is the football game this Friday. This Friday is one of the most important games of the season, against our rival, Villa Park. This games theme is a red out, and we are on the home side this year. Before the game, there will be the first annual athlete barbecue on the softball field.

The fall sports assembly is coming up this Friday.  ASB puts a lot of hard work into assemblies, they set them up, make all of the decorations, and they also organize it.  ASB spends many days in preparation, making the posters and assembly the best it can be. These decorations are very elaborate, with the tiniest details perfected, to make it look the best.

This assembly will feature many of the varsity fall sport teams such as girls volleyball, water polo, girls tennis, girls golf, cross country, and of course, football. These teams introduce themselves, normally with a hilarious and creative dance. Vanguard Dance Company and Vision Crew will be performing dances as well as the other sports.

Also, ASB will be revealing this year’s Homecoming Court at the assembly. Homecoming court typically consists of eight seniors, four boys and four girls. Each will be in pairs, with one boy and one girl. The Homecoming theme will also be revealed at the Homecoming assembly, with a skit that then leads into the introduction of the court. The skit often ends on a cliffhanger, then at the Homecoming game, we find out who the queen is, and we find out the king at the dance.

ASB works very hard to make all events run smoothly at our school. They put in countless hours of working to make everything organized and looking great. Everyone in ASB has a great amount about commitment and dedication to making El Modena the best school it can be.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “ASB in Action”

1. Mia on September 19th, 2017 12:09 pm

Nice article Abby!

[Reply]

2. Ilaise on September 19th, 2017 12:19 pm

Can’t wait for Friday nights game! I especially love how involved El Mo’s ASB is. Great article.

[Reply]

3. Alyssa Tierney on September 19th, 2017 12:20 pm

This is a really infomative article. It was helpful to know who is perfroming in the assembly this Friday.

[Reply]

*

ASB in Action