Five Things I wish I knew as a Freshman

You can’t win them all

High school comes along with friends, and drama, and all that fun stuff. I always thought I was going to have the same friends, I always thought my friends were the “real ones.” It took a lot for me to learn that, that wasn’t the case especially for me. Friends come and go, even the ones you love the most, and despite fighting for them to stay, sometimes that’s just the way things are suppose to be. I fought so hard for people who didn’t deserve it, and I learned the hard way it’s a lot easier to let go and move on. You win some, you lose some along the way.

High school is NOT rainbows and butterflies

Despite not thinking I was walking into “High School Musical,” it was tough when reality slapped me in the face. Between wanting to fit in while passing all my class, I was still trying to find myself.

Get your priorities straight

I too often let myself get distracted. I thought High School was almost never-ending, so I had all the time in the world to make up assignments, and what not. Turns out I was wrong. I turned things in late, didn’t take tests, etc. I thought I was so stupid, I stopped trying. I let others ideas get the best of me. I didn’t care about getting an A, I cared about getting the passing grade. It wasn’t until my senior year where I saw potential in myself. I finally thought I could become something, anything.

Time management

This is extremely important when balancing school, work, homework, studying. I still struggle with this, to this day but you could say it’s a work in progress.

It doesn’t last forever

I pretty much mentioned this already, but High School ends! What felt like the longest four years of my life also felt like the fastest. Which makes absolutely no sense, but here I am writing this, getting ready to say goodbye to my senior year. Take it all in, try to enjoy as much as you can, learn as much as possible, take in all of the opportunities you have. These have been the fastest four years of my life, and I still can’t believe I won’t walk these hallways again.