• September 19Major Earthquake in Mexico

• August 28Japan Raises Alarm After North Korea Missile Launch

• August 28Thousands Stranded in Houston With Waters Still Rising; Death Toll Rises to 10

• May 26Man hijacks Dept. of Corrections van with inmates inside

Filed under Music, Showcase

An Anticipated Release

Miley Cyrus releases a single off her new album titled Malibu

photo via wikimedia commons under creative commons license

Miley Cyrus is well known for her time as Hannah Montana and her famous songs. She is one almost everybody recognizes and pays close attention to. Cyrus is recognized in the pop culture world for her few movie appearances, pop songs as well as her few country songs.

The last time Miley Cyrus released an album was August 30, 2015 titled Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz. This was her fifth studio album. Some songs included Dooo it! And Tangerine featuring Big Sean, which the young culture gravitated towards.

She is known for her strong sense of self confidence and her positive outlook on life. Miley is one to share her views on social media and show the world what she supports and what she does not. Her bold aspect on life has made her one that many young girls and even adults look up to.

She may have lost some supporters along the way from changing her physical appearance and expressing her views, but that has not stopped her from continuing to produce music that shows who she is. Today, May 11, Cyrus released a single called Malibu.

Malibu is a mix of channelling her roots while still having a mix of pop. Many think this song release is a transformation, again, from her usual pop and rap songs. She does have a smooth voice which ultimately supports her country singles and remixes such as Jolene. However, her latest single is about her and Liam Hemsworth’s relationship over the past few years. From their beginning stages in their relationships, to their breakups, their engagement and most recently their marriage.

Currently, the newly released single is sitting at number one on the itunes chart in the songs category and is able to be purchased for $1.29.