• June 55 killed in Orlando workplace shooting

• June 57 killed, 48 injured in London Bridge attack

• May 26G7 leaders meet in Sicily, discuss anti-terrorism, global warming

• May 26Man hijacks Dept. of Corrections van with inmates inside

Filed under Media&Arts, Showcase

The 2017 Summer Movie Season

This summer, multiple titles will be released which are sure to be audience favorites.

We all love the summer blockbuster movie season, where our favorite super heroes and action stars clutter the big screen during the warm summer days at the movies. This year, like always, we are sure to expect multiple giant blockbusters to entertain us throughout the dog days or summer. Whether you’re busy with sports camps, surfing, swimming, summer school, or just sitting at home, everyone should find something to enjoy with this year’s selection of summer blockbusters.

Ridley Scott is returning to the beloved “Alien” franchise once again with “Alien: Covenant”(release date May 19). Die-hard fans of the groundbreaking sci-fi franchise  are sure to scrutinize this film to no end, but if you are looking for summer action and thrills then “Alien: Covenant” is your movie.

Next up is everyone’s favorite wrestler turned actor, the Rock. Dwayne Johnson returns once again, this time in “Baywatch” (release date May 29). The Rock is an inescapably fun movie star, and if you’re a fan of this popular 80’s TV show, and the beach isn’t within reach, go see “Baywatch” for all your summer feels.

Now to the superhero features: Gal Gadot stars as Wonder Woman in the solo DC film “Wonder Woman” (release date June 2). We’ve gotten almost everything when it comes to superhero flicks, but Wonder Woman is one that is yet to be touched. Fans are excited to see where DC will take this character and how they choose to fit her in to the expanding DC universe.

“The Mummy” is another reboot, this time starring Tom Cruise. Universal seems to be going through older titles and remaking them for the new age, starting with the mummy. Tom Cruise has been doing it better and longer than anyone in Hollywood, and is sure to be a standout in this reboot of old Hollywood horror.

“Spider-Man: Homecoming” is another addition to Marvel’s immense world, and we are as excited as ever for this entry. The character of Spider-Man has gone through multiple hands over the years, but now we will see a Spider-Man interacting with other Marvel heroes, and the film looks funnier than any other in the Spider-man catalog.

Of course, there are other titles being released which are sure to be huge blockbusters and audience favorites. “War for the Planet of the Apes”, “Baby Driver”, and a new “Pirates of the Caribbean” film will all be released as well this summer. We are sure to have lots of fun at the movies this summer, in between those great summer activities.