• September 19Major Earthquake in Mexico

• August 28Japan Raises Alarm After North Korea Missile Launch

• August 28Thousands Stranded in Houston With Waters Still Rising; Death Toll Rises to 10

• May 26Man hijacks Dept. of Corrections van with inmates inside

Filed under Feature

Amazing APES

Ms. Kung explains why AP Environmental Science is a class one should take.

When asked why AP Environmental Science was an important class here at El Modena, Ms. Kung replied with, “because they will learn about the world they live in.”

The goal of the APES is to demonstrate the positive and negative effects we have on our Earth, but mostly negative, as stated by Ms. Kung, and finding alternative solutions in order to solve or prevent these effects.     

With many hands-on labs, projects, and the rare high school class field trip, APES teaches students about their planet earth and how natural and man-made environmental problems can cause risks to everyone on.

Covering a wide range of topics, the class is one of the more influential classes on El Mo’s campus for those students who wish to create a change in the world around them.