Spirit, at Last

El Modena vanguards come together to celebrate the best week of the school year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spirit, at Last

This week El Modena high school hosted their traditional “Spirit week.” A week full of blood, sweat, tears, and most of all spirit. Each class comes together to show off which one has the most spirit. Whether it be in their lunch time activity games, or in through their building, or how loud they are. Each class is determined to win.

This is a special El Modena tradition, that I’ve personally never seen any other school go all out. I would say El Mo is known for spirit week, it truly is the best week of the school year. Students spend up to months planning, preparing, and painting.

After the months, and endless of preparing their hard work is finally shown off. Most of the time it’s worth it. The freshmen get a little taste of what El Mo is all about and what they’ve gotten themselves into. As a sophomore, you have a little bit more of an idea. As for juniors, they really go all out. They know exactly what to do if they want to win. And finally the seniors… these guys have been through it all from last place all the way to first, they know what to do and how to do it. Although it’s all fun and games, it’s bittersweet when you realize this is the last spirit week you’ll experience at El Modena. Like they say, “all good things must come to an end,” they always do. Enjoy your spirit weeks, while you have them because they only last four years and the times flies!