• December 8State of Emergency declared in California as 6 fires rage on

• November 21Trump administration places sanctions on North Korea

• November 19UCLA football coach, Jim Mora, fired... on his birthday

• November 127.2 Earthquake on border of Iran/Iraq kills 62

A Return To Shelby

Frontline has another talk with Shelby on her view on Trump.

Before the election, Frontline had the chance to sit down with Mrs. Shelby who shared her views about the possible election of Donald Trump.

After the election, we interviewed her again where she had the opportunity to clarify her views that were taken out of context in our previous publication.

Shelby meant to echo Lincoln’s quote: “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Shelby can elude this quote to our current America.  “Even Trump saw America going in the wrong direction and he wanted to stop it.”

Shelby reminds us that she has no idea what Trump thinks. When asked if her opinion on Trump has changed since the last interview, Shelby responds with “No I think it still stands.” Trump will be fine as long as he has an exceptional cabinet around him, which was stated in the previous interview. “He is not afraid to pull the trigger” Shelby adds, “now if you ask me before the school year is out, it will either be the same or he needs to get his act together”

Shelby is hopeful America will reverse its direction from the bottom if Trump acts correctly, positively affecting everybody. “If not, he’ll just be out by the next term.”

1 Comment

One Response to “A Return To Shelby”

1. Isabella Marquez on January 17th, 2017 9:20 am

Honestly our country really is not in the best place. But like in a couple of months I will be able to legally leave the country so adios. By the time the next election rolls around many of the young people who were disappointed in the outcome of the election will be able to make the changes they say they want to see. People can always take action to change things even with a disliked president in office. People just need the motivation to take initiative and not just watch from the sidelines.

[Reply]

*

• A Return To Shelby

Orange Tree Lighting

• A Return To Shelby

Music

The Music That Defined 2017

• A Return To Shelby

Editor's Picks

Vanguard Victory Vanguard Memories

• A Return To Shelby

A Night 33 years in the making

• A Return To Shelby

El Modena Cheer and Pom Showcase: Year Four

• EMTV: Take On Media

EMTV Episode 1

• A Return To Shelby

Brayden Metoyer advancing onto Round 2 of CIF

• A Return To Shelby

Columns

Finishing Strong

• A Return To Shelby

Feature

Multilingual Mrs. Davis

• A Return To Shelby

Pom in Review

A Return To Shelby