Pre-Game Promises

El Modena Pre-game festivities hope to pump the crowd up, and carry on a legacy

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pre-Game Promises

The 50th year of El Mo students marks a special Homecoming game, alumni come together to commemorate their school and the 50 years of legacy it has passed on throughout the years.

Before the Homecoming game this October 20th, 2016, alumni such as parents, students, teachers, and proud past Vanguards will gather with current students at a pre-game gathering. Just like the tail-gate before the El Mo vs. Villa Park game, Vanguards will come to get pumped before the game and rally in red and gold.
El Mo’s student-body Spirit Commissioner senior Lauren Gullion, with the help of other ASB peers, planned the last pre-game festivities which included a weenie-eating contest, complimentary face-paint, and food in which money went back into student activities.

Gullion hopes to start a new legacy with the Rowdy Rooters and promote, “the establishment of new friends around campus, to feel United and come together to support our football program. I hope that it pumps people up to be ready to be the crowd we are and carry the Rowdy Rooter legacy.”

Last time, the pre-game met expectations but Gullion now hopes to get even more people to attend along with the help of publicity around campus and through the student connections.