A Fresh Start for the Feature Page

After several years removed from Frontline, the Feature Page is revived to document student’s lives

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Fresh Start for the Feature Page

Neil Young once proclaimed that, “One new feature or fresh take can change everything.” The feature page embodies this phenomenon, as it focuses on the lives of students and creates a school-wide mutual respect for the individuals who occupy El Modena.

As the Feature Page’s declaration, we on this page stand to acknowledge the individuals who create our community. Monthly we will chose a topic for the page relevant to what happens to students inside of EL Modena, and outside in the vast world. Think of this page as part “Ned’s Declassified: School Survival Guide”, part Buzzfeed Life Hacks, and a sprinkle of “The Breakfast Club”.

“Ned’s Declassified: School Survival Guide” is a Nickelodeon sitcom and serves to those who need a lifeline while adjusting to the struggles of school. Just imagine your friends and you as Ned, Moze, and Cookie roaming the halls, as journalism narrates your life through high school. What you’ll need to know you will find it on the Feature Page.

You can also think of the Feature Page as a version of the website Buzzfeed. If you have ever stayed up to the wee hours of the night, you are bound to run across this popular video series and website. Buzzfeed has a life hack for every peculiar situation you may find yourself in. When facing a struggle regarding school, turn to the Buzzfeed of Frontline, the Feature Page.

Though popular 80’s comedy “The Breakfast Club” contains an eccentric group of students, director John Hughes embraces every student’s oddities. Allowing students to show their authentic character on the Feature Page, creates a sense of community as everyone can relate to the struggles of high school. Even if you are a brain, a jock, a criminal, a princess, or a basket case, the Feature Page will regard you.