Why Our School Lunches Suck

Do students enjoy school lunches?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why Our School Lunches Suck

At El Mo there is an undeniable truth and that is that our school lunches suck. Whether its the stale frozen pizzas to the “vegetarian” breakfast burritos, there are very few who can stomach these free lunches. Not all schools have this problem but unfortunately our school does. You would think that after the numerous complaints by students the administration would have done something by now to fix the problem. Over the years  on numerous occasions I have witnessed first hand students throw away their lunch after taking a couple bites.

Another question that is unanswered is how healthy are the lunches. Over the past few years the government has emphasized that the younger generation must eat healthier. But do the preservative filled lunches really do good or are they just as bad? Studies have shown that when students do eat the school lunches the items they leave untouched are the vegetables and occasionally the fruit. Although studies show that the governments attempt at getting students to eat healthier is failing, nothing has been changed or improved to change the habits of our future. The alternatives to a healthier american future require time and smart spending to fix the issue of bad school lunches.

1 Comment

One Response to “Why Our School Lunches Suck”

1. Mike Hawk on January 24th, 2019 7:28 am

We have the same problem at our school. On numerous occasions, the food served to us at the school was moldy, like applesauce. Also, sometimes, the milk is slimy and tastes like ass hair. Most days, the pizza they serve is greasy or tastes like it is a week old, which honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it were. The food is nearly never warm and is hardly edible. The only flavor that comes from the kitchen is the ketchup and mustard packets, which are warm also. In general, school food sucks.

*

• Editor's Picks

Lemon Drops, Bubblegum, and Summer Salt

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Music

Lady Gaga Makes History

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Columns

Trump vs the Crazies

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Feature

The Foodie Space

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Columns

Yellow: La couleur du changement

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Beginning a Bullet Journal

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

What a RUN-derful Life

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Feature

Athlete Feature – Mikayla Reyes

• Why Our School Lunches Suck

Walking for the Cure with Girls League

• Columns

Social Media and the Presidential Image

Why Our School Lunches Suck