• June 55 killed in Orlando workplace shooting

• June 57 killed, 48 injured in London Bridge attack

• May 26G7 leaders meet in Sicily, discuss anti-terrorism, global warming

• May 26Man hijacks Dept. of Corrections van with inmates inside

Filed under Music, Showcase

History Made at BBMAs

BTS makes history, taking home the Top Social Artist award at the BBMAs.

The Billboard Music Awards of 2017 brought in many outstanding artists who accomplished numerous achievements over the past year. This year was the first time ever an artist under the genre of K-pop was nominated and invited to the music awards.

BTS, a South Korean K-pop group, was revealed to have been nominated for the Top Social Artist of 2016. With the reveal of this news, ARMYs (BTS’ fandom) were quick to trend their voting hashtag. Over the 3 week voting perios, ARMYs around the world amassed around 400 million votes.

This large rise in popularity and spotlight on the group opened many doors to American media outlets. With many news outlets waiting to interview BTS once they arrived in Las Vegas, where the music awards were held, BTS showed off their charms and revealed they may have an idea as to why their social media presence is so large and are considered “social media monsters,” as said by a host of Good Morning America. Their constant use of their social media since before their debut in South Korea allowed them to create a close relationship with their ARMY and were successfully able to maintain their online presence 4 years later.

BTS quickly took over news outlets at the BBMAs. Many discussing their journey to the award shows, while others wish them luck and showed excitement towards their future involvement in American music. Vogue named BTS “Best Dressed” at the award show, with most members wearing suit jackets from Saint Laurent, each totaling to over $2,000. Vogue as well acknowledged BTS member V as a fashion icon. Another member, Jin, took over twitter, trending the phrase “third guy from the left” after his good looks in pictures made people curious as to who and where he was from.

At the end of the night, BTS, with no surprise, took home the Top Social Artist award. Being first to thank their ARMYs, BTS’ leader, Rap Monster, thanked all the fans who diligently voted for them everyday and were the ones to bring them infront of many renowned artists who they have greatly respected from a young age.

They have previously expressed their shock to holding a stable spot in the Top 200 chart under Billboard. This award made them the first K-pop act to take home a Billboard Music award, and may open the door to future eastern artists aiming for international stardom.

1 Comment

One Response to “History Made at BBMAs”

1. Isabella on May 22nd, 2017 2:15 pm

I can only say I knew since day one that this moment would occur. To say I’m proud would be an understatement. But in a very real way I’m very concerned that my love will never be reciprocated and that my life will need to find something else to revolve around. Acceptable is tough, but keeping hope for an almost unobtainable dream, even harder. Please take note that I used the word almost. This article proves that with hard work and determination anything is possible, and we should all strive to remember that and keep it in mind.

[Reply]

*

• History Made at BBMAs

“I Am Jane Doe”

• History Made at BBMAs

Young Forever

• History Made at BBMAs

Albert Pujols Joins the 600 Home Run Club

• History Made at BBMAs

Make A Difference

• History Made at BBMAs

Finding Your Groove

• History Made at BBMAs

The Ugly Side of Baseball?

• History Made at BBMAs

From the Cafeteria to Carnegie Hall

• History Made at BBMAs

All You Need is a Door

• History Made at BBMAs

I Got By With a Little Help From My Friends

• History Made at BBMAs

P.A.L. Alliance: The First of Many

History Made at BBMAs