• June 55 killed in Orlando workplace shooting

• June 57 killed, 48 injured in London Bridge attack

• May 26G7 leaders meet in Sicily, discuss anti-terrorism, global warming

• May 26Man hijacks Dept. of Corrections van with inmates inside

The Nature Center Comes Alive with Death and Life

El Modena holds an unforgettable Art Festival

Today El Modena held their very first Art Festival in the Nature Center. The event began at three-thirty and lasted until six-thirty. Several classes visited the event during their respective periods, and each saw something completely unique.

Imagine walking into the beautiful, isolated nature center, and the first thing you would see are colorful Japanese windsocks created by Ms. Warner’s art classes, hanging on bamboo poles sunk deep into the soft earth; to the right, a stand giving out cookies and water bottles. Across the pond, on the wooden stage, you would come across a scene of great interest–quite literally. The drama classes held four different plays, each lasting about fifteen minutes, surrounded by wooden benches and crowds of spectators straining to see the show. The themes of each were generally dark urban legends, all with rather shocking endings. Who could forget the echoing final words of the first act, “I ate her!” Truly a line to elicit chills. They were spectacular scenes to witness.

Continue to follow the path past the stage and an appealing array of sounds would catch your ear, created by El Mo’s orchestra class. They were situated right under the grandeur of an enormous and majestic tree, whose large leaves covered the bodies but not the music of these talented young men and women. Earlier in the day, Mortis, El Mo’s very own original band who frequently play around the campus, had been jamming it out in this very same area. The musicians rocked it out with their very own tune, having themselves a loyal and devoted audience that listened attentively to their music and danced. If you glanced to the fences, you might spot a skinny boy taking pictures of random things. Photography was also involved in the festival, their assignment being to take pictures of obsolete objects.

The entire area was full of life and joy all around, people of all ages walking to and fro everywhere. Never a dull moment in this special event, for everywhere you went there was something to see or listen to, and if you happened to come at a time when there was a short reprieve, there were the meticulously cared for plants and flowers to admire, or the entertaining pumpkins made in the ceramics classes, or the colorful windsocks scattered about the region. El Modena’s Art Festival was truly a merry event to pass the evening. Every single art class and teacher put devoted time, care and effort into making the event a reality. So for next year, head on over to El Mo and witness for yourself this truly spectacular event!

1 Comment

One Response to “The Nature Center Comes Alive with Death and Life”

1. frontline on October 14th, 2016 11:55 pm

Lovely article!

[Reply]

*